ultra sparc and linux

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:31:13 -0400

Google is your friend:
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/investors/bsa/position

US Retail Market
January - December 2001
1. Redhat: 39,95%
2. Mandrake:  33,08%
3. Suse:  23,02%
4. Corel:  2,33%
5. Caldera: 1,12%
6. Turbolinux:  0,50%

Market share, by definition, means commercial.

However, looking more broadly, as someone else has done here:
http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1407&lang=en
on can see that Debian has a higher implementation rate than I had
previously been made aware of.

As far as SuSE being the leading distro in Europe, I could not find any
European statistics.  I remember reading it some literature they sent me
some time ago.  Oh well.

George