cgi user home directory issue

Kimi A. Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:28:36 -0700

Can't figure this one out.  I have a user that was just created.  We want
to run a test script under that user's home directory, specifically trying
to achieve in the end database access.  I get a Premature end of script
headers and reference to the path.  I can move those scripts around and get
other error messages, but at least it's 'touching' the script.  In the
httpd.conf, Options is set to ExecCGI, allow from all.  The UserDir section
is set to read only though.  I do not know if this matters, but I have
tried to update this in different lines with no change.  Secondly, even
though there is a <Limit xxxxx> line, it doesn't include the ExecCGI
specifically to not run.  Adding the ExecCGI anywhere under this UserDir
portion does nothing.  There doesn't seem to be any reason for this to not
work.

Under the spot that controls who gets to access stuff on the server, the
line for Directory is set correctly, I believe.  It's <Directory
/home/*/*/cgi-bin/> and <Directory /home/*/*/*/>.  Google search comes up
with some tips but all of those are set as it should be.

This has got to be simple and I am overlooking that simple solution.  Any
ideas?

Kimi A. Adams, V.P.
Operations Manager
Unity Wave, L.L.C.
www.unitywave.com
602-375-5363

If you can think of it, we can develop it.
If you let a person talk long enough, you will know if the truth is being
spoken.