cgi user home directory issue

Shadow plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 23:54:35 -0700

Kimi,

I recreated the problem as best I could on my own server and found the
exact same problem.  Turns out that apache checks user and group
ownership for the script and the parent cgi-bin directory.  They both
MUST be owned by the same user and group.  Just do a chown -R user.group
/home/user to correct it.

For more info:

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/faqs/RH-apache-FAQ/c14.html

--