Linux for small business

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:57:57 -0700

> Your first paragraph puts you at odds with the gnu project according
> to their manifesto.  If you had a business they would boycott you over
> just that.  I offer as an example that fact they are boycotting Amazon
> because they had the audacity to copyright the One Click" ordering.
> After a suit with Barnes & Nobel over it was settled, the boycott
> continues because "the terms of the settlement" were not released.
> Those people at the gnu project have obviously been smoking that wacky
> tobacco since the 60's non stop.

The FSF is not anti patent as you appear to claim here.  True they dont care for it, but they do not boycott people who own patents.  The merely believe that patents were intended for DEFENSIVE purposes.  The method in which Amazon went after Barnes and Noble was highly OFFENSIVE and thus the request for a ban.  I can not state wear it sits as of today, but if the settlement was not released the ban problably exists because there is no notion that in the future Amazon will act any differently.

-d