Linux for small business

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:25:01 -0700 (MST)

Am 28. Apr, 2002 schwätzte Tom Achtenberg so:

> Your first paragraph puts you at odds with the gnu project according to
> their manifesto.  If you had a business they would boycott you over just
> that.  I offer as an example that fact they are boycotting Amazon because
> they had the audacity to copyright the One Click" ordering.  After a suit
> with Barnes & Nobel over it was settled, the boycott continues because "the
> terms of the settlement" were not released.  Those people at the gnu project

Does that settlement disallow Amazon's patent? If the '"the terms of the
settlement" were not released', then I doubt it. The boycott is due to the
patent and Amazon's defense of it. Until the patent can no longer going to
be 'enforced' the reason for the boycott stands.

> have obviously been smoking that wacky tobacco since the 60's non stop.

That would be *BSD as they're in nocal, not FSF who're in Boston. Keep your
college campuses straight :).

Should we accuse you of being a corporate weasel bent on enslaving the rest
of the world because you're defending proprietary software?

I do not appreciate being accused of being a druggie because I believe in
defending my freedoms.

You're entitled to your opinion. As I am mine. Debating our opinions is
good. One of us expecting to win the other over is foolish. Hoping that
we can both learn from the debate is good. Breaking down to unrelated,
generalized slams is not good and generally sabatage the position of the
person making them. Not saying that I don't also make the mistake, rather
that we should try not to :).

ciao,

der.hans
--