konqueror dead after gentoo update...

Gontran Zepeda plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:23:22 -0700

* John (EBo) David (ebo@leml.la.asu.edu) wrote:

> As a note, when gentoo updated to kde3 it started the setup wizard, and

ahem.  when _you_ updated to kde3 with gentoo. :)

No nanny it wasn't me, the gentoo made me doit!

> since I did not want my setup mucked with I told it no...  It thrashed
> my setup and it took me an hour to figure it out and set things back
> up...  I was SERIOUSLY ANOYED!
>
> take home message, backup ~/.kde before upgrading to kde3

EBo, that's such a timely reminder!  I was trying to remember the SINGLE
CAVEAT WHEN UPGRADING FROM KDE2 TO KDE3 USING GENTOO: back up my ~/.kde
file. Thanks!

Yawn, I guess I'll finally upgrade to kde3:

	rootprompt # emerge kde

The hardest part is the waiting.

<snicker>
Gontran