konqueror dead after gentoo update...

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:03:24 -0700

Gontran Zepeda wrote:

> * ebo@leml.la.asu.edu (ebo@leml.la.asu.edu) wrote:
> >
> > (in error window)
> > Could not read network connection list
> > /..../.DCOPserver_...
> >
> > Please check that "dcopserver" program running.
> > --------------
> > It is not.  What should I reemerge or update in /etc, or wherever to fix
> > this?
>
> IIRC, there is a possibility that your paths are not getting set correctly
> when the files in /etc/profile.d are sourced ... check there.  Also, see if
> it works as root, or from another shell type.
>
> I had this problem with kde2 and blackbox.  Everyting worked fine when I
> used kde as my wm, but alternates would lead to konq not running.  It was a
> environment variable problem.

thanks, I'll try this in a bit...

As a note, when gentoo updated to kde3 it started the setup wizard, and
since I did not want my setup mucked with I told it no...  It thrashed
my setup and it took me an hour to figure it out and set things back
up...  I was SERIOUSLY ANOYED!

take home message, backup ~/.kde before upgrading to kde3

  EBo --