konqueror dead after gentoo update...

Gontran Zepeda plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:32:22 -0700

* ebo@leml.la.asu.edu (ebo@leml.la.asu.edu) wrote:

> (in error window)
> Could not read network connection list
> /..../.DCOPserver_...
>
> Please check that "dcopserver" program running.
> --------------
> It is not.  What should I reemerge or update in /etc, or wherever to fix
> this?

IIRC, there is a possibility that your paths are not getting set correctly
when the files in /etc/profile.d are sourced ... check there.  Also, see if
it works as root, or from another shell type.

I had this problem with kde2 and blackbox.  Everyting worked fine when I
used kde as my wm, but alternates would lead to konq not running.  It was a
environment variable problem.

hth,
Gontran