installing to Toshiba laptop from floppy

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:43:51 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 alandd@mindspring.com wrote:

> Does it have a network connection?  The distros allow you to created a boot disk with network support and do the install across the network connection.
>
> I have never done this myself but it is mentioned all over the place.
>
> Alan

I've done a few network installs. Some go easier than others, depending
upon hardware, etc. Note that you will need a server for any of the three
potential installs (unless of course you have a screaming net connection
and can do the ftp install from one of the distros sites) You can do
NFS, FTP or HTTP installs. Another possiblity is to copy the cd to your
hard drive.. if I was going to do it that way I would boot with toms
root/boot disk and switch the drive- of course I don't know if Tom's will
support the swapping of the drive..