installing to Toshiba laptop from floppy

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:14:14 -0700

I have two of those Toshiba Satellite Pro notebooks that I tried to install
Linux onto and had some difficulty.  The thing to keep in mind is that your
notebook is a first generation Pentium notebook and several of the popular
distributions come with installers that are compiled for Pentium II or
better.  I think current distributions of Mandrake and Redhat installers
will hang near the beginning of the install process.  I ended up installing
FreeBSD on my notebooks because their current installer worked with the
processor.  I can lend you an external floppy if you need.

Gilbert