umax 2100u

Nigel Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Nigel Sollars wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Nathan England wrote:
>

> > All,
> >
> > Fry's has umax 2100u scanners on sale for $30 bucks..
> > I don't have a scanner, and really want one.  Don't have a whole lot of money either, so I bought this cheapo..
> >
> > It works very nicely in windows 2000, after about an hour of wrestingling..
> >
> > I was curious if anyone has any usb scanner set up experience in linux..
> > I'm finding a lot of conflicting stuff, and linux-usb is not helpful..
> > I've seen a couple reports that people got it working with sane, but they don't say how..
> > Sane itself says it's not supported..
> >
> > Any have any ideas?
> >
> > nathan
> >

> Do any of the people who say they have it working say which kernel they
> have if so do they say what they have enabled under the USB tree ( knowing
> how much stuff is under the USB tree in make menuconfig ) ..
>
> not using USB that much im wondering if sane looks at the running kernel
> for support as this is the case for things like scsi tape drives you get
> unsupported device when using mt and or mtx..
>
> Nigel

okies,

In addition to what i said before .. check this url i think you will find
it a very usefull

http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

it list all supported scanners for linux/sane and kernel version required.

Im sure more help can be found there as to what needs to be selected in
the USB tree.

hope this helps

Nigel