umax 2100u

Nigel Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:06:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Nathan England wrote:

> All,
>
> Fry's has umax 2100u scanners on sale for $30 bucks..
> I don't have a scanner, and really want one.  Don't have a whole lot of money either, so I bought this cheapo..
>
> It works very nicely in windows 2000, after about an hour of wrestingling..
>
> I was curious if anyone has any usb scanner set up experience in linux..
> I'm finding a lot of conflicting stuff, and linux-usb is not helpful..
> I've seen a couple reports that people got it working with sane, but they don't say how..
> Sane itself says it's not supported..
>
> Any have any ideas?
>
> nathan

Do any of the people who say they have it working say which kernel they
have if so do they say what they have enabled under the USB tree ( knowing
how much stuff is under the USB tree in make menuconfig ) ..

not using USB that much im wondering if sane looks at the running kernel
for support as this is the case for things like scsi tape drives you get
unsupported device when using mt and or mtx..

Nigel