Caution, SuSE Linux Live Eval loading

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:43:30 -0700

On Wednesday 19 September 2001 04:23 pm, Brian Cluff wrote:
> For all of those that got one of those SuSA live evals from with the plug
> meeting or the stamtisch. Be sure you run it on a machine that you either
> have backed up, or don't care about.
> I just recently threw it in my machine at work to see how good of an
> install it was so that I could give it to my boss with the recommendation
> that he play around with it and see how he likes it.
> Well, I go it on and it all went beautifully.  It's a very nice live eval
> indeed and was all set to march it over to him with the highest
> reccomendation, but after shutting it down and trying to reboot this
> windows machine back into windows I found that it had rewritten the format
> on my 20 gig drive to a 4 gig drive and thus causing to be become totally
> scrambled.

WHAT?!  I can't see how the eval could possibly do this.  All it does is
mount your windows partition and save two files on it... no fdisk, no
partition mucking.

Can you send me all the info you got on this?  If it's even *remotely* the
fault of the live eval, then we need to hear about this.

I need info like your partition layout and maybe the type of computer you're
running (memory, processor, etc).

Also, what version of the live eval?  7.1?
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop