Caution, SuSE Linux Live Eval loading

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:44:03 +0000

Kurt Granroth wrote:
> WHAT?!  I can't see how the eval could possibly do this.  All it does is
> mount your windows partition and save two files on it... no fdisk, no
> partition mucking.

This could in fact have easily happened if the live evaluation
attempted to access the IDE controller in a manner that was not
supported properly in its hardware. I recall having lost an entire
drive when I used "hdparm" to turn on an option or two.....

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|