Software Development - Major Programer Oppurtunity (fwd)

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:52:24 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

haven't found out anything about the company, but thought a few people might
be interested.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
#  I took the one less traveled by,
#  And that has made all the difference. -- Robert Frost
#  I, OTOH, prefer to just go stomping through the desert... - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:18:02 -0700
From: Phillip Woolbright <philw@APMDESIGNLABS.COM>
To: ASULUG@asu.edu
Subject: Software Development - Major Programer Oppurtunity

LUG

For some time now our company has been searching for a team of software designers.  We are interested in developing our design patent that changes the design of a computer chip, whereby enabling the chip to be manufactured by different set of process rules.  This is called PROCESS MIGRATION.   Our website is www.apmdesignlabs.com the patent LINK is on the LINKS PAGE of the website.

In a nutshell, our company draws computer chips.  We draw them for a host of semiconductor companies.  Intel, Motorola, etc etc.  Our computer chips are drawn at a set of design rules called "process rules".  Over time the process rules become TIGHTER or in other words;
if we were to draw the chip again using the tighter rules, the chip would be smaller.  The smaller the chips the more money is made because it cost less to manufacture the chip.  Our customers would jump at this service and software.

"The problem" is that once the chip is drawn "the first time" it has taken from 3 months to a year, using many designers.  Now we get a new set of process rules and if we were to RE-DRAW the computer chip, you guessed it months to a year again.  TIME TO MARKET IS CRUCIAL, if the first product has been released at the old rules you can guarantee that every competitor has had a look at the design.  The competitors start drawing the design at the new set of rules.  Once the second chip comes out at the tighter rule, there are now many competitors for the same market with a chip drawn at the same "new" process rules.

Our patent uses artificial intelligence to migrate the original drawn chip to the new set of process design rules.

We are considering porting the software to LINUX.  Yes, hold your applauds.

We would however want to attract the most dynamic, and sound programmers.  Just for example, the software would sell (according to our venture capitalists) from $75,000  to $150,000 per copy or higher to the Semiconductor companies not to mention the Service Agreements that APM would acquire from the purchases.   We expect to sell 400 + copies of the software in the first 3 years after the software's completion and release.

Would anyone that is really someone in the LINUX programming world like in on the ground floor?  Please send you qualification to my email address, also, if you forward this on to the Engineering Department etc or other List it is appreciated.

Phil Woolbright
CEO, APM Design Labs. Inc.