[Fwd: software development project $]

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 21:33:52 -0700

--------------FE731B2B8C61B8C593BF78E9

This is an interesting gig.  I spoke with Phil, and they are looking
for 4 (maybe 5) really good coders - language has not yet been
selected - to write the software.  Perl and Delphi were mentioned
in my conversation with him.

This is a part time job - 15 hours per week, and three meetings per
week.
He suggests a Saturday, and a couple times in between.  Contact Phil for
the details.

George
--------------FE731B2B8C61B8C593BF78E9

From: "Phillip Woolbright" <philw@apmdesignlabs.com>
To: <george@georgetoft.com>
Subject: software development project $
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:00:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01C137B6.3F243E80

For some time now our company has been searching for a team of software =
designers.  We are interested in developing our design patent that =
changes the design of a computer chip, whereby enabling the chip to be =
manufactured by different set of process rules.  This is called PROCESS =
MIGRATION.   Our website is www.apmdesignlabs.com the patent LINK is on =
the LINKS PAGE of the website.

In a nutshell, our company draws computer chips.  We draw them for a =
host of semiconductor companies.  Intel, Motorola, etc etc.  Our =
computer chips are drawn at a set of design rules called "process =
rules".  Over time the process rules become TIGHTER or in other words;
if we were to draw the chip again using the tighter rules, the chip =
would be smaller.  The smaller the chips the more money is made because =
it cost less to manufacture the chip.  Our customers would jump at this =
service and software.

"The problem" is that once the chip is drawn "the first time" it has =
taken from 3 months to a year, using many designers.  Now we get a new =
set of process rules and if we were to RE-DRAW the computer chip, you =
guessed it months to a year again.  TIME TO MARKET IS CRUCIAL, if the =
first product has been released at the old rules you can guarantee that =
every competitor has had a look at the design.  The competitors start =
drawing the design at the new set of rules.  Once the second chip comes =
out at the tighter rule, there are now many competitors for the same =
market with a chip drawn at the same "new" process rules.

Our patent uses artificial intelligence to migrate the original drawn =
chip to the new set of process design rules.

We are considering porting the software to LINUX.  Yes, hold your =
applauds. =20

We would however want to attract the most dynamic, and sound =
programmers.  Just for example, the software would sell (according to =
our venture capitalists) from $75,000  to $150,000 per copy or higher to =
the Semiconductor companies not to mention the Service Agreements that =
APM would acquire from the purchases.   We expect to sell 400 + copies =
of the software in the first 3 years after the software's completion and =
release.

Would anyone that is really someone in the LINUX programming world like =
in on the ground floor?  Please send you qualification to my email =
address, also, if you forward this on to the Engineering Department etc =
or other List it is appreciated.

Phil Woolbright
CEO, APM Design Labs. Inc.

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01C137B6.3F243E80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For some time now our company has been =
searching=20
for a team of software designers.&nbsp; We are interested in developing =
our=20
design patent that changes the design of a computer chip,&nbsp;whereby =
enabling=20
the chip to be manufactured by different set&nbsp;of&nbsp;process =
rules.&nbsp;=20
This is called PROCESS MIGRATION.&nbsp;&nbsp; Our website is <A=20
href=3D"http://www.apmdesignlabs.com">www.apmdesignlabs.com</A> the =
patent LINK is=20
on the LINKS PAGE of the website.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In a nutshell, our company&nbsp;draws =
computer=20
chips.&nbsp; We&nbsp;draw them for a host of semiconductor =
companies.&nbsp;=20
Intel, Motorola, etc etc.&nbsp; Our computer chips are&nbsp;drawn at a =
set of=20
design rules called "process rules".&nbsp; Over time the process rules =
become=20
TIGHTER or in other words;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>if we were to draw the chip again using =
the tighter=20
rules, the chip would be smaller.&nbsp;&nbsp;The&nbsp;smaller the chips =
the more=20
money is made because it cost less to manufacture the chip.&nbsp; Our =
customers=20
would jump at this service and software.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"The problem" is that once the chip is =
drawn "the=20
first time" it has taken from 3 months to a year, using many =
designers.&nbsp;=20
Now we get a new set of process rules and if we were to RE-DRAW the =
computer=20
chip, you guessed it months to a year again.&nbsp; TIME TO MARKET IS =
CRUCIAL, if=20
the first product has been released at the old rules you can guarantee =
that=20
every competitor has had a look at the design.&nbsp; The competitors =
start=20
drawing the design at the new set of rules.&nbsp;&nbsp;Once the second =
chip=20
comes out at the tighter rule, there are now many competitors for the =
same=20
market with a chip drawn at the same&nbsp;"new" process =
rules.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Our patent uses artificial intelligence =
to migrate=20
the original drawn chip to the new set of process design =
rules.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We are considering porting the software =
to=20
LINUX.&nbsp; Yes, hold your applauds.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We would however want to attract the =
most dynamic,=20
and sound programmers.&nbsp; Just for example, the software would sell=20
(according to our venture capitalists) from $75,000&nbsp; to $150,000 =
per copy=20
or higher to the Semiconductor companies not to mention the Service =
Agreements=20
that APM would acquire from the purchases.&nbsp;&nbsp; We expect to sell =
400=20
+&nbsp;copies of the software in the first 3 years after the software's=20
completion and release.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Would anyone that is really someone in =
the LINUX=20
programming world like in on the ground floor?&nbsp; Please send you=20
qualification to my email address, also, if you forward this on to the=20
Engineering Department etc or other List it is appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil Woolbright</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>CEO, APM Design Labs.=20
Inc.</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>