linux learning

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:47:30 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Brian Cluff so:

> If you aren't allready doing it now, the fastest way that I found for
> learning linux is to just decide that it's your main machine.  I just put
> linux on my fastest machines one day and then put the windows machines
> unhooked up across the room so I wouldn't have any temptations to try and
> do it with the applications that I was used to. When you've done that, you
> will run into all sorts of things while trying to get your linux box to do
> everything that your windows box used to do. The bright side of all of

Gee, I've never switched to m$ cuz there's all these things that *NIX does
that m$ still can't do.

As for learning, yeah, setup boxen, play with them. Break them. Figure out
how to fix them. Read a lot. Ask questions. Concentrate on some aspect until
you know if fairly well, then move to another.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com