AZ Students : A linux solution?

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 20:28:27 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Alan Dayley so:

> k12ltsp.org looks like a great project even for my home.  My oldest has hit
> Jr. High school now and conflicts to get computer access are increasing.
> This will only get worse as the siblings get older.  I was not looking
> forward to shelling out $$ for lots of extra computers but using this I could
> minimize the cost of hardware and software and everyone, conceivably, could
> have their own computer.

This is one of the benefits of Free Software[1] that Brian has really been
touting. He can make all of the software the school uses available for kids
to use on home computers. In fact, throwing that together with demolinux
allows them to run completely off CD without even having to install
anything.

> Who would have thought a 12GB drive would be too small some day.

I would've. Until I can fit the entire library of congress along with all of
the info from the books catalogged in the library of congress on a drive
it's too small. Even then, there's more of interested, but the library of
congress is a good start :).

ciao,

der.hans

[1] Actually, Brian's an Open Source kind of guy :).
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans