Cox@Home's response to an inquiry regarding 11/30 cutoff.

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:15:04 -0700

I just talked to a valued customer care representative and informed
them that if they did change to a new provider that was windows only
that they would no longer have a customer.  I of course pointed out
this as a general 'unix' and 'mac' sort of concern.  The friendly lady
said that she would forward it up the food chain rather than to the
tech support email that might be going away.  :-)

She seemed like the type that would follow up and make sure the
alternate OSes were at least addressed before being left in the cold.

So in sum: I politely warned of a potential revenue loss if they chose
poorly *before* it was too late and it was well received...I'd
wouldn't mind if the rest of you chimed in and got them to see it's
bigger than just a single $45/mo shmuck that they're potentially
losing.

I wonder how much of that $45 is profit and how much of it is cost.

And as of yet, the modem is still working.

David

It ain't over till the fat pipe [Connection Reset by PEER]