Woohoo!!!

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:59:16 -0700

meg@leary.csoft.net wrote:

> Wooho? Would you (if you could) set up a 'at' command to
> do something like this:
> 'uptime | mail -s "See how well we are doing!" cfo@yourcompany.com'
>
> Doesn't look so impressive at that point does it? :-)

-----
some people light a candle and some people curse the darkness - you
should always evaluate where you are in this grand scenario.

I would agree if you had said that Microsoft is predatory, exploitive,
greedy, unrepentant, or indifferent to the lack of security embedded in
their software. I won't join in the thought that their software stinks -
it doesn't - there are some excellent features and they do keep
improving it and they usually work backwards and actually implement base
features by the second or third update/service release/service pack.
They do not dominate the market because people are stupid - Microsoft
dominates the market because they have provided an affordable but
modestly effective working environment.

Craig