experimenting on my mother

Lucas Vogel plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:39:58 -0700

I am bringing my mother an old computer of mine(not the Amiga tho) that
dual-boots Windows NT(it was the only windows that would install) and SuSE
7.1. Currently it's set up with a network card so that my daughter can have
broadband access to CartoonNetwork.com, and my mom lives in the armpit of
Wyoming and I don't think she's ready just yet for broadband(even if it were
available), so...

I need modem recommendations for this old PC. One that works and is fairly
easy to set up under SuSE 7.1 would be appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I say 'experiment' because I'm going to try to get her to use the linux
side of things, which shouldn't be hard, given NT's strong flakiness on that
computer :)

--
Lucas Vogel