Shells

Jay plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 May 2001 00:58:35 -0700 (MST)

Hi all. I'm looking for some shell accounts (doesn't that sound devious
:). Actually, it is for a good cause: to make
www.internettrafficreport.com much more accurate in its measurements. To
accomplish that, I need a bunch of shell accounts on servers all over the
world.

I already have plenty in AZ -- but need another 5 - 10 in USA
(geographically distributed), 4 - 6 in Europe, 4 - 6 in Asia, 2 - 3 in
Australia, 2 - 3 in Africa, and 2 - 3 in South America. The requirements
are relatively simple: ssh or telnet access (prefer ssh), perl, cron, and
the ability to FTP into the user's home directory to download files. OS
is, for the most part, not important, but would like Linux or *BSD if
possible. Would prefer free accounts if possible (as
www.internettrafficreport.com is used as a resource site, not a commerce
site). However, I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee if necessary.

Anyone have any pointers?

--
~Jay