M's to RTF?

Steven Martindale plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 May 2001 00:59:19 -0700

Hurrah!

Finally got a working second computer assembled and now have sitting on
this desk a system running Mandrake 7.1. Unfortunately as of yet it doesn't
have a modem in it, or functioning networking (You know, you'd think if the
box on the LinkSys kit said the cards would work with linux that the disk
would actually have the drivers, or source for the drivers, not a simple
text file saying, "Yeah, go out to that guys website and download a driver
there.").

Hopefully sometime within the next couple of weeks I'll get the PC's in the
apartment networked together, have the Linux box (hmm, have to find a good
name for it) provide the net access and some space for the windows machines
to back up to.

So, to save people time from answering questions later with FTFM! Does
anyone have suggestions as to which sources of information I should start
studying first?