Consulting/Small business software

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 20 May 2001 17:39:06 -0700

Hi John,

While in Hawaii, I used StarOffice.  Not elegant, by any means, but
it's free (beer).  I simply set up my spreadsheet columns to match
the categories on Schedule C (and the State Sales Tax form), and made
chronological entries in the rows.  At the bottom of the sheet was a
sum() function to add up the columns.  Since it was a sole
proprietorship, I had far less paperwork than a corporation.  If you
want to pursue this, you should be able to find some Excel spreadsheets
on the Internet that will work for you.

George