Fun with Licensing / Immunix 7.0 released

foodog plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 16 May 2001 01:28:11 -0700

For a real license fiasco, take a look at what's new with Immunix 7.0.
They've got GPL, BSD-licensed, and closed-source proprietary code that
relies on GPL'd kernel patches - and the binary distribution itself is
proprietary, kinda...  The whole mess gave me a headache.

See http://www.lwn.net/2001/0510/security.php3 for an outline and
pointers to Immunix email list archives explaining Wot's The Deal.

I'll try to download 7.0 tomorrow.  If anyone's dying to get their hands
on Immunix 6.2 (free) or 7.0 (honor based eval/noncommercial copy) let
me know before the Westside meeting on the 29th.  I can burn 'em and
trade for blanks.  You *are* going to the meeting on the 29th, right?

Steve

"And the demons of COMPAQ shall burn eternally for lobotomizing the
once-mighty Digital Equipment Corporation"  Wishes 1:1