Ethics Question

Lowell Hamilton plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 05 May 2001 09:44:37 -0700

Yeah ... the whole "Hack the US" idea is growing more popular.  I host a
website about the Armenian Genocide, and I get a good 100 attacks (not
just probes/scans) a day from Turkish IP's.... Not to mention the
attacks from China, Sweden, Taiwan, and all the other people grumpy at
the US for something.  Most of the time they do a couple scans of ports
53, 111,and 137 which will give them enough info to see if they're
dealing with Win or Unix boxes, then try a couple specific exploits.