Debian and NICs

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:20:57 -0700

In Redhat, /etc/modules.conf holds the aliases for what driver to load for what
device.  On my DEC Alpha I have the following in /etc/modules.conf:

options tulip options=4
alias eth0 tulip
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

The info held in /etc/sysconfig/network* is used to configure the device once
the OS knows what card it is.