Part-time employment as software engineer

Alan Dayley alandd@consultpros.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:08:09 -0700

I have a need to find some part-time employment (up to about 15 hours a
week, contract or W2) as a software engineer.  I am not asking necessarily
:^) for job leads from PLUG members but I am at least asking advise.

Almost all the job postings are for full-time stuff.  Even short term
projects of a few months are expected to be full-time participation while
they last.  I have found it difficult to find very many job postings from
any source on the web or in print for part-time gigs.  I suspect that word
of mouth and established relationships fill those positions.

How do I get in on the word of mouth and relationships so I can fill
someone's need for code and my need for $?  Any experiences any of you
could share?

Alan

PS OK, now I'm asking: Got a lead for a job?  Send me a line!