squid

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:38:07 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth charlie bullen on 6/19/2001 13:11 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I am working on some web pages and am having some odd problems. The
\_ pages are hosted on a server running Redhat 7.0 and Apache, not
\_ sure what version.

RH 7.0: The latest in a set of dreaded point-oh releases.
To pull Apache rev:

  | prompt$ telnet www.your-apache-daemon.com 80
  | HEAD / HTTP/1.0
  |
  | [...data...]

And see what it spits back.  Unless they've configured it not to,
it'll cough the version.

\_ I FTP modifications to the server but the
\_ changes didn't seem to register since when I tried to view the
\_ pages locally I could only see the old page.

You have checked the obvious *browser* cache settings, right?  'Every
time' is a good option for dev work.

\_ We are using squid,

If the browser isn't caching, then yeah, the fishy smell in your web
surfing is probably squid.  Can't speak to that (yet).

David