squid

charlie bullen plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:11:22 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C0F8C1.5641BFE0

I am working on some web pages and am having some odd problems. The =
pages are hosted on a server running Redhat 7.0 and Apache, not sure =
what version. I FTP modifications to the server but the changes didn't =
seem to register since when I tried to view the pages locally I could =
only see the old page. I have had someone outside of our lan view the =
pages and they come up properly. Also I have telneted into the server =
itself and using lynx, viewed the page and it comes up properly then, no =
graphics of course.=20

We are using squid, running on a Gateway microserver, which is actually =
a cobalt qube, running a modified version of Redhat 6.2, as a proxy =
server for our lan and I think that it may be storing the old pages in a =
cache and serving these cached pages to the lan instead of the new =
revsions. Does this make sense? How can I find out? If this is true, how =
can I get the cache to empty?

Thanks

Charlie   =20

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C0F8C1.5641BFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am working on some web pages and am =
having some=20
odd problems. The pages are hosted on a server running Redhat 7.0 and =
Apache,=20
not sure what version. I FTP modifications to the server but the changes =
didn't=20
seem to register since when I tried to view the pages locally I could =
only see=20
the old page. I have had someone outside of our&nbsp;lan view the pages =
and they=20
come up properly. Also I have telneted into the server itself and using =
lynx,=20
viewed the page and it comes up properly then, no graphics of course.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We are using squid, running on a =
Gateway=20
microserver, which is actually a cobalt qube, running a modified version =
of=20
Redhat 6.2, as a proxy server for our lan and I think that&nbsp;it may =
be=20
storing the old pages in a cache and serving these cached pages to the =
lan=20
instead of the new revsions. Does this make sense? How can I find out? =
If this=20
is true, how can I get the cache to empty?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Charlie&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C0F8C1.5641BFE0--