Repair .hdepend file?

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:56:46 -0700 (MST)

Quoting Alan Dayley <alandd@consultpros.com>:

> Using RedHat 7.1 I have begun experimenting with the process of building
> new kernel.  I have not tried to install it yet, just using the make
> commands.
>
> Today when I try it, I get an error no matter what make command I issue.
>  The
> error is:
>
> /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/build/.hdepend:1983: *** unterminated call to
> function
> 'wildcard': missing ')'. Stop.
>
> I looked at .hdepend.  The offending line is the last line of the file
> and
> ends in '/q' instead of a ')'.  I did not simply put a closing
> parentesis in
> place because for all I know the file was truncated and is missing even
> more
> stuff.  The line is:
>
> $(wildcard /usr/src/linux-2.4.2/include/config/q
>
> How do I accurately repair or regenerate or re-install this file?
----
I can't answer that question - much may depend on what you've already done thus
far.

I would suggest that you copy the .config file in your source directory to
somewhere else, then make mrproper (clean house so to speak) and then copy your
.config file back in to your source tree and then make dep, make clean, make
bzImage, make modules, make modules_install (and finally make install/bzlilo)

Craig

This mail sent through IMP: barney.azapple.com