Repair .hdepend file?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:27:56 -0700

Using RedHat 7.1 I have begun experimenting with the process of building a
new kernel.  I have not tried to install it yet, just using the make commands.

Today when I try it, I get an error no matter what make command I issue.  The
error is:

/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/build/.hdepend:1983: *** unterminated call to function
'wildcard': missing ')'. Stop.

I looked at .hdepend.  The offending line is the last line of the file and
ends in '/q' instead of a ')'.  I did not simply put a closing parentesis in
place because for all I know the file was truncated and is missing even more
stuff.  The line is:

$(wildcard /usr/src/linux-2.4.2/include/config/q

How do I accurately repair or regenerate or re-install this file?

Alan