Repair .hdepend file?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:05:32 -0700

At 09:56 PM 6/6/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I can't answer that question - much may depend on what you've already done
thus
>far.
>
>I would suggest that you copy the .config file in your source directory to
>somewhere else, then make mrproper (clean house so to speak) and then copy
your
>.config file back in to your source tree and then make dep, make clean, make
>bzImage, make modules, make modules_install (and finally make install/bzlilo)
>
>Craig

Well, all those make commands are a good idea.  The first one I tried was
make mrproper.  However, it and any other make command produces the same
error with the .hdepend file.

As I think back about how the problem came about I remember one time
executing just "make" with no parameters.  I quickly pressed ctl-c when it
started running because I did not want "make" with no parameters.  I had to
quit for the night right after that. ("Boy, why did I type that! Oh, it's
after midnight, got up at 5am, brain going off line, off to bed for me.")
The next day is when the .hdepend error started.  Stopping that "make"
command must have done something, you think?

Alan