KVM recommendation

Dan Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:35:55 -0700

"Furmanek, Greg" wrote:

> I am looking into buying a digital KVM switch.
> What would be the best choice for 4 system switch?
>
> I have openBSD, Linux and Windows machines.
>
> Grzegorz Furmanek
> Furmanek.Greg@hit.cendant.com

I have been using mine for over a year and have no complaints.  You can
switch either by hitting buttons on the switch box itself or by hitting
Alt-Ctrl-Shift-#-Enter on the right-hand side of the keyboard (the # is
the port you want to view).  1 Monitor.  1 Keyboard (PS/2).  1 Mouse
(PS/2).  4 ports.  I was able to add 6' cables to the 4 ports with no
problem.

    Linksys
    Pro-Connect

Unfortunately, I don't see a model number any where in the docs or on
the unit itself (the number on the reciept is PS2KVM4 but I don't know
if that'll help).  I picked it up at Fry's Electronics on Baseline for
$159.99 in 2/2000.

Dan