Loggin in...

Tom Bradford plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:29:00 -0700

Kit Plummer wrote:
>Ok, so this in now back to ignorance isn't Tom?  I actually thought you
>were on our side for a while and were just playing the nice-guy
>advocate...but, now I don't know.

Who ever said I was a nice guy?  I'm a bastard, but only when it makes
sense to be one.  You can be an advocate for a technology, and still be
disappointed with, and critical of that technology and the people
involved in it.  I'm the same way with the XML community.

> Linux is a revolution...don't forget that.

No... Linux is an operating system kernel.  Open source is the
revolution, and it's about 30 years in the making, and when it started,
the methods for evangelizing it didn't include flaming customer service
people, and being sure to let them know that the whole community feels
the same way.

> Skript-kiddie wanna-be 1337 h4x0rZ - you have got to be kidding me?
> There is more logic passed through Slashdot in a day than you will spew
> out in your entire lifetime...

There's plenty of logic passing through slashdot, it's too bad you have
to filter through ten times as many "frist posts" and goatscx links to
find it.  And I don't count Microsoft bashing as logic either.  Slashdot
is not what it used to be, and I can't imagine anyone would have any
arguments with that.

-- Tom