voicestream/att phone spamming

George Toft george@georgetoft.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:23:29 -0700

Yes, 10:30 at night.

I complained to their ISP (no response) and their e-mail provider
(won't do anything without the e-mail headers).

I went to their web site this morning, and strangely enough, it has
been removed from DNS.  Cool!!! I guess delisting is response enough!
I searched google.com and there are 93 entries with their name.  They
have a bunch of web sites under different providers.  Shall we search
them all out and complain to their ISP's?

http://www.azbanking.com/Lists/MB_List.HTML shows this outfit is
a home-office.

Since several of have been afflicted with this, I suggest we follow
though with David's suggestions.

Key contacts:
Rick Brown/Senior Loan Officer, LoRate@usa.net, 602-999-5764
1255 West Baseline Rd. Ste-150, Mesa, AZ 85202
Toll Free 1-800-318-3331

David Ronsheim, Sr. Loan Officer 602-510-3999

Misc:
East Valley: 480-897-8877
West Valley: 602-944-7200  (the number in my spam)
Scottsdale: 480-998-8720
Ahwatukee: 460-460-1400
Phoenix Metropolitan Area 480-820-1877

ISP's
URL = ISP = Contact
acacia-national.com = Web2010, Inc = arin-swip@maxim.net
www.quik-start.com = Finnish University and Research Network =
Pekka.Kytolaakso@FUNET.FI
acaciamortgage.tripod.com = tripod = abuse@tripod.com

Here's the message I sent to one of their former ISP's:

Abuse Department,

Your customer spammed my phone.  I can't tell you how novel it is
to receive phone spam at 10:30pm.  Everyone's asleep and the phone
goes beep beep beep!!!  beep beep beep!!!  beep beep beep!!!  Below
is the message and the traceback to your network.

Needless to say, even though I am in the market for a mortgage for
a house in the Phoenix Valley - as are several of my co-workers - I
am not recommending Acacia National Mortgage Corporation to them,
nor will I condone a company that e-mails phones at 10:30pm.

Please deal with this issue.  Thank you.

George Toft

Sent: Jan 5, 2001 10:36 pm MT

Acacia38@hotmail.com##Mortgages#To: Phil, Greenspan cut rates, 30 yr
mortgages=6.75%, Still interested? 602-944-7200
Saturday www.AcaciaNational.com