samba and netatalk

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:35:34 -0700

most distro's come with the loadable modules for appletalk - thus you don't
need to compile a kernel for that.

As for seamless and perfect - don't hold your breath. If this customer of
yours is expecting a smooth integration of both clients and you're telling
him that this can be done with linux - don't let your malpractice insurance
lapse. Heck - even Samba leaves a bunch to be desired.

I would probably suggest that you wait for Apple's new OSX. It too will be
flawed at first but I think there will be a closer integration of the Apple
& Windows File & Print services. If you are telling him about the beauty of
open source - don't forget to tell him about the beast because he will
surely find it.

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445