samba and netatalk

Eric Richardson eric@milagrosoft.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:19:47 -0700

Anthony Hologounis wrote:

> hello all
>
> I have a customer that wants a file server for windows and apple clients.
> I have done samba for windows clients with much success but have not done
> apple clients.
>
> I know I need to recompile the kernel for appletalk support and there are
> some config files to do, but what I need to know is if there are any
> conflicts when sharing files between windows clients using samba and apple
> clients using netatalk
> I would like to think that it would be seamless and perfect but......

I'm using SuSE 6.4 and I'll I had to do is install netatalk. The
configuration wasn't too hard either. You have to use short passwords 8
or less chars on the version I use. I haven't had any problems with it
yet. There probably are more knowledgable people on this list but I
could look at config files etc. if you need help after you get it
running.
Eric :-)