[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

CIE-Keith keith@christianexchange.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:12:12 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: der.hans <PLUGd@LuftHans.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

> Am 11. Feb, 2001 schwäzte CIE-Keith so:

Maybe
> that was just 80's TV (last time I watched TV).

They have to be very specific or the search warrant will be thrown
out.  However if it would be reasonable to be searching where they are
searching and they find some illegal item they can charge for that
also.

If they are looking for stolen diamonds and look in your safe and find
a stolen gun or counterfeit money they can charge you with that also.
If they are looking for stolen 14" auto rims and they look in your
wall safe that has a 6" opening and find a stolen gun they cannot
charge you.  I also think you can sue them for violating your rights
at this point.

Now to make matters worse, these rules only apply to the police.  If
your neighbor goes into your house uninvited and without the prior
knowledge of the police, and finds your kilo of pot and turns it over
to the police, they can use it as evidence and charge you and also use
it to seize your house and get a search warrant.

This is all very basic.  Search and Seizure law is very tricky because
there are exceptions to all these rules.

Keith

www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)