[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:53:25 -0700 (MST)

Am 11. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Craig White so:

> Second, they could point out that the amount of pilferage in past x months
> makes everyone suspect.

Nope, nope, nope. I don't care how many of my neighbors deal crack out of
their bedroom window, that doesn't automagically make me suspect and give
the cops a right to bust my place in if I decide to open a window and air
out a carpet. Granted, if many of my neighbors are dealing crack I'm more
likely to be boarding up windows instead of opening them :).

> Third, it is private property and when you enter their premises, you
> surrender some of your rights to them.

I don't know about this. I could see that there might be things, but
they certainly aren't being given right to baggy-cavity search me without
some proper notice. Even then I'd say their case it on a shaky
platform. Accusing me of stealing just because I'm leaving the place also
isn't right.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.