regarding wiredglobal

proudhawk@uswestmail.net proudhawk@uswestmail.net
4 Feb 2001 09:58:12 -0800

The prome is,
cox@home does NOT support linux and any time you mention it, they immediately say "that OS is not supported and we cannot help you with YOUR problem", eve when the network outage is obviously something on thier end of things.

I recently had a network outage and it took going up through to a super in tier 2 support before I got hold on an old unix man and tald him what my system was saying. Only then was I listened to and only then was it determined to be a node failure that caused the outage.

The tech droids are only briefed on windows (ACK!) and yes, I can hear them turning pages in their "troubleshooting guides" everytime I call in with a problem (which is fortunately not all that often).

RTFM does no good when the party you are talking to doesn't have the same manual.