Looking for CVS questions

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:29:56

I would like this to be the topic for next month.  I something already
lined up?

Thinking out loud of questions I have or would be good for beginners...

-Demos and recommendations of GUI front ends to CVS on Linux and (GASP!)
Windows.

-How does CVS handle binary files (storing method, retrieval of previous
versions, any special considerations)?

-What are some "rules of thumb" for growth planning?  How much storage is
needed on the repository server?

-Good answers to this reaction from colegues and management (I have gotten
this one.): "It's free (as in now license fee)?  If it is free, how could
it be very good and who supports it?"

-What is the merge process (automatic and manual) like?

-How much time should be expected to spend on admin duties?  What are the
regularly needed admin tasks?

-Can automation be done to dis-allow commits that break the build?

There are a few.  I will think about more later.

Alan