cheap IP's

Eric Van Buskirk plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:26:05 -0800

Hi,

I have qwest.net "service."  I want to obtain a static IP address, but qwest
wants an extra $35.00 over and above the roughly $135.00 per month I pay
(for local home phone, dsl line, ISP, long distance, FEES) .  I have their
DSL Select plan.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper way to get a static IP address in the Phoenix
area, while still being able to maintain a high-speed connection?  I have
checked into ION, but they have given me conflicting info about whether I am
eligible or not.  Can anyone besides Cocks and ION compare in terms of price
and speed?  Must one be a monopolist to have a fast, "inexpensive" product?

Thanks,