Alternatives to Frys?

Tom Snell plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:52:47 -0700

I work next door to Fry's....I sometimes buy CD's there, I don't buy
hardware...;-)

Couple of Web stores that I've used over the past few years:

http://www.mwave.com

http://www.bunta.com

Both have good selection of name brand components and good prices;
Multiwave is particularly good at charging you a *very* reasonable
amount on shipping charges, a rarity on the Web.

Anytime you are looking to buy over the Web, check the seller's
reputation at http://resellerratings.com .  You might also want to check
it out if you're into e-commerce horror stories (we need to resurrect
Vincent Price for the digital age)!

Tom

John Albee wrote:

> Besides the "security" issues with the place, I am very dissapointed at the customer service or lack the of.  I went there and purchased a LinkSys router(for my @home connection, I want to use my linux firewall as a test system).  I should not have purchased that particular one considering that it had one of those returned, but checked and guranteed to work stickers on it, but I did.  When I wored with it that night I found out that it was defective and a rep at LinkSys agreed so I went beck to Frys.  While seeing if the "Customer Service"  Manager to see if I could get a $10 dollar discount or store credit(considering prices of gas this seemed fair) off the exchange for a working router being that the sticker stated that they checked the product, I was basiclly told by her that they stick the stick on all returned items and put them back out.  After knowing this  I would prefer to find an alternative place to do my business and personal computer shopping.  I wouldnt even !
mi!