HELP (again)

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:17:23 -0700

Okay I just upgraded on of my old boxes (new chip, motherboard, and case).
It's a dual boot box and Windows comes up does it's plug and play thing and
more or less is done (it doesn't seem to be able to see the new sound card
but since I never use M$98 I don't care). But when I tell Lilo to boot up
into Linux I get the following error message

Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
In swapper task - not syncing

Okay with my boot disk I'm able to do linux recover and come into some kind
of shell but I don't know any of the commands here can the filesystem looks
weird. How do I get my linux box back up? Is there a command which will
attempt syncing for me?

Thanks all
Carl P.