2 NICs?

Jean Francois azjeanfrancois@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have a pair of RealTek NICs in my OpenBSD box.
The only thing you will need to remember is how they are numbered.

When you did the install it should have asked you how you wanted the 2
NICs to be addressed, static or DHCP.

When I boot up my NICs initialize as ne0 and ne1 but
are usable as of ne3 and ne4.
This happens because they are Plug&Play so don't let the
init output confuse you into setting up the wrong interfaces.

If you didn't set them up during install you will need to
configure them manually.

Look at "man hostname.if"

Do a "dmesg" when you boot OpenBSD to verify the cards names.

JLF Sends...

=====
--
JLF Sends...