qmail

Joel Dudley joel@silverw.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:32:50 -0700

Here is one for you qmail buffs out there.  I have the smtp portion of qmail
runnig fine.  I am trying to set up the qmail-pop3d POP server to run under
daemontools.  I have created /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-pop3d/run and
/var/qmail/supervise/qmail-pop3d/log/run scripts.  When I start qmail I just
isssue svc -u by /var/qmail/supervise/* and qmail-send and qmail-smtp run
fine.  However it gives me an error for qmail-pop3d saying that it cannot
control because the files to not exisit.  They do and they are executeable.
Even if I try to use svc -u at the CLI on these directories it gives me
this.  I have another qmail server set up the same way and it seems to run
fine.  Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

- Joel
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the
story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is
about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock,
he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for
centuries."

- Dr. Robert Jastrow
        Founder of NASA"s Goddard Institute for space studies