Sprint Broad Band

Donn Shumway DShumway@hypercom.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:28:34 -0700

I have Sprint Broadband at home. The speed guarantee is actually 256k down, and 'something'
(unspecified) up. I have monitored typical speed since being upgraded from the old one-way
(microwave down, modem up) system, and I'm getting average ~300k down, 120k up. Not what I would
call stellar. The advertised stated speed is 'Up to 1.5Mb down', according to the tech that
installed my system, it is NEVER reached. They also say that the 1.5Mb/256k speed is 'Burst' speed,
another copout. Reminds me of the way computer monitors used to be specified as 17" monitor, but the
actual viewing area was 15" (it has only improved a little since then). Or peak power output on an
amplifier vs. RMS power output.

I also agree that the Sprint tech support people are rude, uninformed, and basically not helpful.
They are nothing like the tech support I received from Speedchoice. They were excellent.

However, if you can be satisfied with the speed until something else comes along, and you seldom
need tech support, it is an acceptable interim solution. I plan on switching to DSL as soon as that
market provides a verifiable product to my neighborhood.

Regards,
Donn Shumway
dshumway@hypercom.com
"The best thing about getting older is that you gain sincerity.
Once you learn to fake that, there's nothing you can't do."
-- Tom Smothers

                    "Furmanek, Greg"
                    <Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com>          To:     "'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'" <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
                    Sent by:                                 cc:
                    plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.pho        Subject:     RE: Sprint Broad Band
                    enix.az.us

                    10/26/00 11:53 AM
                    Please respond to plug-discuss

Yes very bad one.

They drive me mad but I do not have an option
to switch to a different broadband provider.

The tech support is a bunch of inconsiderate,
unprofessional, disorganized Moth..Fu..ers

The Wolf
p.s.
they use Earthlink for provider which
exposes you to FBIs "Carni"