Quiet System

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:28:21 -0700

Steven Martindale wrote:
> Hmm, could always offer to trade parts for a pentium 100 system for a
> working quiet system..  :>  (Well, see if I can get it working first)

What exactly is in a "quiet system"? Even if you
underclock/undervoltage the CPU so you can get away with next to no
fan, you still have the HD turning some number of RPMs right? (this is
where lower performance HDs will pay off - lower RPMs means lower
pitch means lower percieved volume)

The quietest system I had had a single Maxtor HD and was actually
overclocked, but cooled by a water-cooled peltier element.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|