Greetings

Steven Martindale kendrice@goodnet.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:28:23 -0700

At 12:47 AM 10/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>If you can, come to the Linux Stammtisch this Tues at Bandersnatch.
>
>http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/unix/Linux_Stammtisch.html

Ack, have to see if I can get my old box put back together in time.  Put a
new motherboard in it, and it won't give any beep tones.  (Though it
doesn't have a keyboard of video card in yet, realized pack those and move
them yet (just moved a few months ago)  Well can pick those up tomorrow.
All else fails I put the old motherboard back in (Mainly switched it
because I've got a (very small) manual for the new one).  The old
motherboard is an Intel OEM model, though I haven't been able to find
anything on Intel's web site acknowledging its existance (and I don't
recall getting a manual for it).

Hmm, could always offer to trade parts for a pentium 100 system for a
working quiet system..  :>  (Well, see if I can get it working first)

>> Came to last Thursday's meeting, and have to say I'm looking forward to
>> finding out what next month's will have.  Enjoyed the presentation from
RNI.

>I think we're doing backup stuff next month. Always a good topic.

A subject growing near to my heart as I find my Windows machine pleading
for a reinstall.  And learning a new OS I'll want to be ready to undo
mistakes.

Steven,

*
* "Any nation that is serious about improving the quantity and quality
* of food ... will use food irradiation technology in the 21st century."
* -- Marjorie Mazel Hecht
*
* We've been able to kill E. Coli and friends for almost 50 years, end the
wait!
*